CURIOUS ABOUT GOD OR WHAT WE BELIEVE?
We get it. Faith. God. RELIGION (ugh). It causes some to cringe. Others elated emotions. Sometimes it sounds absolutely crazy (A virgin that gave birth?). And other times it’s a warm blanket to the soul. To some God is equivalent to the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. To many others he’s someone they talk to daily.
Which begs the question: Does God exist?
C. S. Lewis once remarked that God is not the sort of thing one can be moderately interested in. After all, if God does not exist, there’s no reason to be interested in God at all. On the other hand, if God does exist, then this is of the utmost importance and our concern should be how do we relate to a being that ultimately gave us life and purpose?
So people who shrug their shoulders and say, “Does God exist? Doesn’t really matter.” merely show that they haven’t yet thought very deeply about this problem. And at HeartSupport we want you to come to your own conclusions, so we have some resources for you that we created for the community asking BIG questions that many in this life have asked. Because we believe ultimate healing from addictions is found through faith, we’d like to introduce you to simple, yet effective videos that will help on your life journey.
So come explore…..and you might be surprised at what you find.
Does life have a purpose?
IS there a God?
How Can God Allow Evil and Suffering?
Is Jesus REALLY God?
Isn't Christianity Too Narrow?
Is the Bible Even Reliable?
Can I know God Personally?
WHAT ABOUT CHURCH?
Why give church a chance?
- Give Jesus a chance and He will change your heart. Church isn’t confined to the four walls of a church. Church is both invisible (our faith in Jesus) and visible (unified community of believers).Matt Greiner
- Church shouldn’t be an obligation or a ritual that one feels they need to participate in. God won’t love you any less if you don’t attend church. However, the benefits are beyond measure. Sermons are more than just a list of principles. They offer a new way to better understand God and His will. Fellowship is necessary — Hebrews 10:23-25Kris Luhrs
What should church look like?
- I once heard a young college girl tell me at a party that she loved Jesus, and even liked the message about Jesus I had told her, but could never be a member of the church I attended because the people there were either “too holy or too wishy-washy”. You mean to tell me that church is made of religious rule followers who judged others? Sounds like you’d fit right in! You mean to tell me that church is comprised of people who show up, raise their hands, and then get drunk that evening and don’t live out their faith all the time? Sounds like she’d fit in!Ben Sledge
- Church should be practical and relevant to today’s world, have the Bible as their final authority, worship, not financially pressure the body, and be gracious and welcoming to visitors.Kris Luhrs
- ….you should feel the presence of God.. you should feel comfortable, you should feel welcomed, you should feel excited and thankful to have found this church. Through going there you should see God’s face in the place you are at… in the people that are there, in the words that are spoken from the pastor, from the voices that sing during worship, in the wood in the seats… the church should come alive to you and it will because it is no longer a building or just a place with people attending, it is a place where you can worship God.Jake Luhrs
What can you expect at church?
- When I go to church I want to honor and worship my Lord and Savor, I want to feel His presence, I want to sing songs that honor Him. I want to be encouraged by the word that the pastor has to say, whether it is convicting to me or brings me tears of love I want to FEEL GOD! Church is a place where I can honor my God with my time in a place that is in my eyes full of His holiness and I want to show my loyalty by attending His church and give my heart and mind to Him. I go to church because it’s a place to be refueled a place full of others who love Christ and want to share their experiences, their wisdom on the bible, and share their prayer with me! To strengthen one another, to refuel one another, to worship Him with one another and to bring forth troubles, struggles and issues to the throne in prayer in the name of Jesus Christ.Jake Luhrs
- Unity, encouragement, accountability, and worship; all for the glory and honor of Jesus Christ.Matt Greiner
What is church really about?
- Church is all about Jesus. Being in close communion with other believers of Jesus Christ encourages me to live a new life, a life of repentance. Martin Luther opened the reformation by nailing the ‘Ninety-five Theses’ to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. The very first of the theses read, ‘Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ…willed the entire life of believers to be one of repentance.’Matt Greiner
- The church, while ultimately broken, is in a process of being refined by Christ and when we move together as a movement, we become unstoppable. When a wave is started in the ocean, tiny molecules bounce around until they ultimately gain enough energy and momentum to create an unstoppable force of nature. The church is supposed to be that for the good of mankind to bring the kingdom of heaven here on earth. Granted, we are a broke representation of that, but when enough of us collide into one another, we can be a force for good, or destruction. We must be the change we want to see in the church so that we become a representation of the body of Christ.Ben Sledge